The Secretary General of the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) met with His Eminence Dr. Arif Havas Oegroseno, Ambassador of Indonesia to Germany
The Secretary General met with His Eminence Dr. Arif Havas Oegroseno, Ambassador of Indonesia to Germany in Lindau, Germany. They discussed the religious freedom situation in Indonesia as well as security matters in all of Southeast-Asia. Schirrmacher informed the Ambassador in depth about the cooperation between WEA and the Indonesian Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), the largest Muslim organisation in the world. He handed over a copy of the Festschrift published by NU for him.
Dr. Oegroseno and Dr. Schirrmacher have been working together closely for more than a decade. Highlights were hearings on Indonesia in the European Parlament and representing voices of moderate Islam from Indonesia and Aserbaidschan to the Foreign Minister of Germany.
The Career of Dr. Arif Havas Oegroseno
- Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to the Federal Republic of Germany (2018–present)
- Vice Minister for Maritime Sovereignty, Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs (2015–2018)
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Indonesia to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union (2010–2015) in this capacity Dr. Havas Oegroseno served as President of the 20th Meeting of the 162 State Parties to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (SPLOS) (2010–2015)
- Director General for Law and International Treaties, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2008–2010)
- Director for Political Agreement, Security and Territorial Sovereignty, Directorate General for Law and International Treaties, (2002–2008)
- Doctorate in Law: Harvard Law School (1992)
- Master in Law: Faculty of Law, Diponegoro University (1986)