Mochou Lu Church, built by Charles Leaman of the Presbyterian Church USA, has the longest history among churches in Nanjing, traced back to 1888.
Mochou Lu Church, called Jesus Church then, was renamed “Hanzhong Church”. Rev. Paul Abbott rebuilt Hanzhong Church in 1936. Hanzhong church was renamed “Mochou Lu Church” in 1954. The church now has over 4,000 members, attending nine different services and gatherings during the week. About 3800 people regularly attend Saturday and Sunday services.