Works by Lisa Mikler
The American artist of Slovak descent Lisa Mikler has created both the cross of our church Communio Messianica and my bishop’s cross.
The wonderful theology of the cross of Communio Messianica is explained here in detail:
My Bishop’s Cross
My bishop’s cross is a unique creation by the American artist Lisa Mikler. It is based on a one meter long wooden original. In six fields the cross shows Jesus’ “I am” words (from the top):
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End” (Revelation 22:13).
- “I am the vine; you are the branches” (John 15:5). “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener” (John 5:1).
- [= in the center: allusion to the Great Commission: the Greek X, representing Christ, superimposed upon the globe]
- (Lillies) “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25).
- (Oil lamp in front of the globe) “I am the light of the world …” (John 8:12).
- “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11).
- (a road, a scroll, and a tree) “I am the way and the truth and the life” (John 14:6).
Leave a Reply