Effective immediately, non-profit organizations can order copies to pass on to decision makers
(Bonn, 25.11.2016) The 2016 Yearbook on Religious Freedom contains articles by Angela Merkel, Volker Kauder, Annette Schawan, and Heiner Bielefeldt as well as articles by Alevites, Yazidis, and Baha’i. The 2016 Yearbook on Christian Persecution and Discrimination goes into the question of religious minorities in refugee shelters and deals in particular with China, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, and Turkey.
The 2016 Yearbook on Persecution and Discrimination and the Yearbook on Religious Freedom are published annually by the International Society for Human Rights, the International Institute for Religious Freedom, and the religious freedom working groups of three German language alliances, namely the German Evangelical Alliance, the Swiss Evangelical Alliance, and the Austrian Evangelical Alliance through Thomas Schirrmacher, Max Klingberg and Ron Kubsch.
The yearbooks, bound together as a single turnaround book, will be available in bookstores beginning December 8, 2016 (both yearbooks for € 12.00). Effective immediately, non-profit organizations can order copies in packs of 10 from the International Institute for Religious Freedom for targeted distribution to decision makers. Copies will be presented to all members of the German Parliament (Bundestag) in the middle of December by Uwe Heimowski, an official representative of the German Evangelical Alliance.
Effective immediately, both yearbooks are publicly available in advance for download, above all for journalists, at the following address.
Non-profit organizations may place PDFs of the yearbooks on their own websites for downloading as long as this is not done with a profit intention.
- Th. Schirrmacher, R. Kubsch, M. Klingberg (Ed.). Jahrbuch Verfolgung und Diskriminierung von Christen 2016. Studien zur Religionsfreiheit Vol. 27. Verlag für Kultur und Wissenschaft: Bonn, 2016. ISBN 978-3-86269-124-1. Pb. 384 pp.
- Th. Schirrmacher, M. Klingberg (Ed.). Jahrbuch Religionsfreiheit 2016. Studien zur Religionsfreiheit Vol. 28. Verlag für Kultur und Wissenschaft: Bonn, 2016. ISBN 978-3-86269-125-8. Pb. 276 pp.
- Beginning December 8, 2016, both books are available together as a single turnaround book with a total of 654 pages for the price of € 12,00 at local bookstores.
- Cover Jahrbuch Verfolgung und Diskriminierung von Christen 2016 (JPG)
- Cover Jahrbuch Religionsfreiheit 2016 (JPG)
- Full text of both books